Milky-Max will typically produce four or five silage cuts per season and can persist for up to six years under effective management.
The variety is semi-dormant, with a 4.4 dormancy rating, which makes it well-suited to the UK climate.
Milky-Max lucerne seed
- High yielding semi-dormant variety
- An advancement in breeding, combining productivity with parasite resistance.
- Rapid wilting potential
- Pre-inoculated seed with a mineral and trace element coating
- Packed in 1 ha bags of 25 kg
- High yielding – 105% of the control on the Northern France national list.
- Outstanding nutritional quality due to thin stems and good leaf retention
- Good disease resistance
- Excellent establishment
Ask an expert
Please click here to ask a Germinal expert any questions about planting lucerne seed.
|Sowing rate||25.00 kg/ha|
|Sowing time||Late April to mid-August|
|Sowing depth||5-10 mm|
|Sowing instructions||Drill into a fine tilth
Moist and warm soil conditions (minimum 12˚C)
Roll before and after drilling for good soil-to-seed contact